NYS COVID-19 P&C CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace periods for certain property/casualty insurance policies. If you are an individual or small business and can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
NYS COVID-19 LIFE INSURANCE CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace period and give you other rights under life insurance policy or annuity contract if you can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Read more.
OFFICE CLOSURE DURING COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the health and safety of our policy holders and staff is our top priority. Based on recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) as well as the recommendations from the New York State Governor, SEFCU Insurance Agency has made the decision to temporarily close our offices located at 469 State Street, 3rdFloor, Schenectady and 297 Main Street, Schoharie beginning Friday, March 20th until further notice.
This temporary closure affects SEFCU Insurance Agency offices ONLY.
During this time of uncertainty, you can rest assured knowing that SEFCU Insurance Agency will continue to meet the needs of our customers. Agents are available by phone as well as email to service your policies, offer quotes, and answer any of your questions. We will not be staffing our offices or accepting premium payments in person.
Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-Term Care Insurance can help protect you and your loved ones in the event that extended health care is needed. Long-Term Care Insurance can provide funds to help cover:
- Daily activities such as bathing, eating, and dressing.
- Skilled nursing care or rehabilitation training either in a nursing facility or at home.
- Cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer's Disease.
Misconceptions about long-term care expenses:
- Many people are under the impression that Medicare, Medicaid, or their health insurance will pay their long-term care costs. Medicare has eligibility requirements for skilled nursing care and is only for a limited time period.
- Medicaid will not cover long-term health care costs for the average recipient.
- Health insurance and medical supplements do not cover nursing home care.
- Individuals and families through their savings, assets, and cash can afford long-term care costs.
Our Long-Term Care Insurance options include:
- NY State Partnership Plans
- Traditional Plans
- Single Premium Plans
- Long-Term Care with Life Insurance
- Life Insurance with Long-Term Care
Meet our Certified Long-Term Care Specialist
Our Certified Estate Planner and Long-Term Care Specialist, Sheila Cervera, is available at no cost to assist you with your long-term care planning needs. As a specialist in asset protection and long-term care insurance, she can evaluate your unique situation and help you navigate through your planning process.
Click the link below to request an appointment.