NYS COVID-19 P&C CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace periods for certain property/casualty insurance policies. If you are an individual or small business and can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
NYS COVID-19 LIFE INSURANCE CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace period and give you other rights under life insurance policy or annuity contract if you can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Read more.
OFFICE CLOSURE DURING COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the health and safety of our policy holders and staff is our top priority. Based on recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) as well as the recommendations from the New York State Governor, SEFCU Insurance Agency has made the decision to temporarily close our offices located at 469 State Street, 3rdFloor, Schenectady and 297 Main Street, Schoharie beginning Friday, March 20th until further notice.
This temporary closure affects SEFCU Insurance Agency offices ONLY.
During this time of uncertainty, you can rest assured knowing that SEFCU Insurance Agency will continue to meet the needs of our customers. Agents are available by phone as well as email to service your policies, offer quotes, and answer any of your questions. We will not be staffing our offices or accepting premium payments in person.
Prepare Your Motorcycle for Spring
With Spring quickly approaching, now is the time to make sure your bike is tuned up and ready to take out of storage. Before you hit the road, read these maintenance tips to ensure your bike is ready for Spring.
1. Check the battery – cold weather can be hard on your bike’s battery. Make sure the connections are secure, the terminals are clean, and give it a slow charge.
2. Change the oil – if you didn’t change the oil before putting it in storage for the winter, now is the time for an oil change with a new filter.
3. Check the tires and lighting – check your tires carefully for cracking, punctures, or excessive wear and tear. If they look secure, check the tire pressure to make sure they are inflated properly. Check all of your lights to make sure they are working properly and replace any faulty bulbs.
4. Check brakes and cables – before you hit the road check all parts of your braking system such as the brake pads and calipers. Check your cables and apply cable lubricant to tune up pivot points such as cables, levers, pedals, etc.
5. Inspection – don’t get caught with an expired inspection. Make sure it is taken care of early in the season after you’ve tuned up your bike.
5. Review Your Motorcycle Insurance Coverage – when you renew your motorcycle registration, don’t forget to review your insurance policy with SEFCU Insurance Agency. If you have accessories or custom parts, we can make sure those are included in your policy.
Call our team today at 888-250-6689 for a free, no-obligation quote or insurance review!