Falling Leaves and Cooler Temps
Make sure your home is safe and protected this fall. As the weather turns cooler and the leaves fall from the trees, it’s important to keep some tips in mind to prevent injury and damage to your home.
Here are some important home safety tips for the fall season:
- Have your fireplace professionally cleaned and inspected to prevent unwanted fire and remove debris and creosote buildup.
- Check your furnace to make sure it’s working properly and is clear of anything flammable.
- Make sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have new batteries, especially if you are using a space heater or fireplace.
- Keep at least three feet of empty space around a space heater and turn it off when you leave the house.
- Inspect the roof for damage and make sure the gutters are clear of leaves and debris.
- Keep walkways clear of fallen leaves and keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets, and power cords.
At SEFCU Insurance Agency we strive to protect the things that matter most to you. Contact our team today for a free quote or to review your current homeowners policy to make sure you’re fully covered at the best price. Call 888-250-6689 or visit sefcuinsuranceagency.com/request-quote.