NYS COVID-19 P&C CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace periods for certain property/casualty insurance policies. If you are an individual or small business and can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
NYS COVID-19 LIFE INSURANCE CUSTOMER RELIEF NOTICE
New York State Department of Financial Services extends grace period and give you other rights under life insurance policy or annuity contract if you can demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Read more.
OFFICE CLOSURE DURING COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), the health and safety of our policy holders and staff is our top priority. Based on recommendations from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) as well as the recommendations from the New York State Governor, SEFCU Insurance Agency has made the decision to temporarily close our offices located at 469 State Street, 3rdFloor, Schenectady and 297 Main Street, Schoharie beginning Friday, March 20th until further notice.
This temporary closure affects SEFCU Insurance Agency offices ONLY.
During this time of uncertainty, you can rest assured knowing that SEFCU Insurance Agency will continue to meet the needs of our customers. Agents are available by phone as well as email to service your policies, offer quotes, and answer any of your questions. We will not be staffing our offices or accepting premium payments in person.
Falling Leaves and Cooler Temps
Make sure your home is safe and protected this fall. As the weather turns cooler and the leaves fall from the trees, it’s important to keep some tips in mind to prevent injury and damage to your home.
Here are some important home safety tips for the fall season:
- Have your fireplace professionally cleaned and inspected to prevent unwanted fire and remove debris and creosote buildup.
- Check your furnace to make sure it’s working properly and is clear of anything flammable.
- Make sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have new batteries, especially if you are using a space heater or fireplace.
- Keep at least three feet of empty space around a space heater and turn it off when you leave the house.
- Inspect the roof for damage and make sure the gutters are clear of leaves and debris.
- Keep walkways clear of fallen leaves and keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets, and power cords.
At SEFCU Insurance Agency we strive to protect the things that matter most to you. Contact our team today for a free quote or to review your current homeowners policy to make sure you’re fully covered at the best price. Call 888-250-6689 or visit sefcuinsuranceagency.com/request-quote.